Welcome to Eastover Elementary School!
Our school is a Charlotte-Mecklenburg Honor School of Excellence located in Charlotte, North Carolina in the heart of the Eastover neighborhood. Built in 1935, Eastover has a long history of academic excellence serving a diverse student body with students from Cherry, Cotswold, Eastover, Elizabeth, Siegle Avenue and a portion of Myers Park neighborhoods. (Click here for Eastover’s Boundary Map from CMS.)
Offering a close knit community of students, teachers and administrators, we have approximately 420 students enrolled in grades kindergarten through fifth. Eastover is also the only Charlotte Mecklenburg public elementary school that teaches Braille to visually impaired students.
What Sets Us Apart
- Strong academics
- Innovative curriculum
- Only public elementary school Visually Impaired program in NC
- First successful uniform elementary school in CMS
- 5-Star after school enrichment
- Wide variety of clubs and sports
- Dynamic and involved PTA
500 Cherokee Road
Charlotte, NC 28207
P: 980-343-5505 | F: 980-343-5524
To serve as a catalyst for student achievement and personal excellence through rigorous and relevant core content as we cultivate responsible citizens in a 21st century global learning environment.
Eastover Quick Facts
- School hours: 8:15 am – 3:15 pm
- Principal: Dr. Susan Nichols
- Middle school feeder: Sedgefield Middle School
- High school feeder: Myers Park High School
- Diverse student body
- Neighborhood school